Partner - Dispute Resolution
Phone: +357 25 871599
Area(s) of Practice
- LLB Law (University of Leicester, UK), 2006
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn, London, UK), 2007
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar, 2008
- LL.M. in European Internal Market and Company Law (King’s College London, UK), 2009
- Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Cyprus Bar Association
- Representing high-net worth individuals and a group of companies beneficially owned by them in a multi-million dispute arising out of a joint venture for the construction of a residential complex in Moscow. A claim was brought in Cyprus by the other side against our Clients seeking damages in the approximate amount of USD 13 million for alleged breaches of shareholders’ agreement, fraud and misappropriation of assets held by subsidiary companies of the joint venture company.
- Representing companies part of a Group of Companies which own real estate in the Russian Federation, and their UBOs, caught in a shareholders’ dispute for the amount of USD 16 million for alleged breaches of shareholders’ agreement, alleged fraud and alleged misappropriation of assets.
- Handling on behalf of one of the largest private hospitals in Cyprus a very complicated professional malpractice suit involving questions of clinical practice, methodology and procedure. The Plaintiff is requesting from our clients an award of damages of over EUR 1 million.
- Representing two Cypriot companies, ultimately owned by a US citizen, in respect to an application filed before the District Court of Nicosia for injunctive relief in support of arbitration before the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA). The Applicants request with their application, inter alia, the freezing of our client’s companies’ assets as well as the assets belonging to third companies that are not parties to the proceedings. The underlying claim at the LCIA is in relation to two loan agreements for which repayment is outstanding since September 2015 and the total amount of claim exceeds USD 11 million.
- Representing the liquidators of the Cyprus branch of one of the largest banks in Yugoslavia which is under liquidation in various countries, in relation to the liquidation procedure in Cyprus. This unprecedented liquidation procedure is considered a landmark case in Cyprus mainly because of the international nature of the liquidation process, its complexity and the large amounts of assets to be recovered and redistributed to creditors. We have successfully represented the liquidators in relation to litigation proceedings existing before the Cyprus Courts initiated by one of the largest creditors (exceeding USD 65 million) of the Bank globally.
- Representing a a trade oil company which is registered in The Republic of Ivory Coast in West Africa in a dispute claiming special damages and general damages against a Cyprus registered company with which our clients entered into an agreement for the supply to the latter of gasoil which the prospective defendants failed after all to load and/or deliver. The claim amounts approximately to €250.000 plus damages.
- The Complex Commercial Litigation Review
- Litigation and Enforcement in Cyprus: overview
- The Complex Commercial Litigation Law Review
- Litigation & Enforcement in Cyprus Thomson Reuters
- Litigation and enforcement in Cyprus: overview
- The Dispute Resolution Review – Cyprus 2017
- The Dispute Resolution Review – Cyprus 2016
- Chambers Country Practice Guides – International Arbitration 2016 – Cyprus