Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is a leading law firm in complex cross-border insolvencies and restructurings including planning, counseling and litigation as well as transactional matters. The team draws on its extensive legal expertise on global financial transactions including securities and corporate law, litigation, employment, pensions, tax law and regulations, and it regularly represents multinational corporations in Cyprus and abroad. Our clients include credit providers, committees, trustees, landlords from industries like health care, technology, construction, banks and financial services providers, insurance companies varying from SMEs to the largest multinationals.
Areas of Practice include:
- Multinational insolvencies
- In and out of court restructurings
- Cross border matters
- Rescue, debtor-in-possession financings
- Solicitations and exchange offers
- M&A, including asset purchase
- Litigation, lender liability actions, asset recovery
Sample of Major Cases Handled
- Advising a major Russian Bank in relation to three facility agreements provided by the bank to an international leading fertilizer producer: a facility agreement amounting to USD 850 million used for purchasing purposes, a facility agreement amounting to USD 7 billion for financing purposes, and a facility agreement up to RUB 31 billion (approximately EUR 450 million) for debt repayment. The project involved jurisdictions from BVI, Ukraine and Switzerland.
- Engaged to provide advice on Cyprus law to a leading German corporate law firm, on one of the largest and most important corporate restructurings in Germany, involving a huge group of companies and its subsidiaries, which provide services in the international maritime transport sector and own containerships with a global blue chip customer base.
- Advising a major banking institution of the Russian Federation in relation to a reorganization of a corporate group operating in the oilfield sector, which provides well drilling and workover services to major oil and gas companies in various parts of the world including Russian, Jersey and Cyprus companies.
- Advising the investment banking and asset management subsidiary of a Russian bank, in relation to an elaborate proposed restructuring of a group of companies operating a franchise of a well-known international jewelry retailer.
- Engaged by the shareholders of a Cyprus holding company, 100% owner of a project company which was established for the purpose of entering into a public private partnership (PPP) agreement with a Russian city, for the development of an international airport. The project involves several complicated transfers of shares as well as the sale of loans in the form of shareholder financings to the new shareholders in different phases and it is particularly important due to its international aspect and value (EUR 420 million) .