Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC has been offering professional services in the fields of both debt and equity capital markets, thereby resulting in the establishment of a dedicated department with specialization in multinational and cross-border legal work:
- Assistance in listing and flotation of securities
- Arranging for public offerings and listings of securities on key international stock exchange platforms
- Compliance with applicable rules and regulations in relation to public offerings and listings
- Advising on and coordinating private offerings and placements of securities
- Advising in relation to the rights of security holders
Stavros Pavlou, Senior & Managing Partner, is an experienced consultant and specialises in cross-border securities. He has been extensively involved in cross-border transactions involving multinational private and public companies. He has acted for various major European and International banks, such as Gazprombank (OJSC), Bank VTB (OJSC), Alpha Bank, Sberbank, Promsvyazbank, Commerzbank AG, RZB Bank, Bank of Cyprus, Private Bank, as well as other companies in the financial services sector. He has also handled the listing of large companies in recognised major stock exchanges such as LSE, AIM and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). The Firm’s capital markets team played an important role in getting the approval for Cyprus by the HKSE as a jurisdiction from which companies can float their securities in the HKSE.
To this day, the Capital Markets department has completed and participated in numerous innovative and ambitious projects, making Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC uniquely positioned to provide exceptional and specialized support to its clients.
Sample of Major Cases Handled
- Provision of specialized legal advice in relation to a SEC-registered offering by a company listed on NASDAQ and is a leading provider of high-end software development services internationally.
- Since 2008, we are providing the Industry Opinion on Securities Lending and REPO agreements for Cyprus, for the ICMA and the Securities Lending and Repo Committee on Capital Adequacy (Bank of England).
- Advising and providing legal opinions to an investment holding company listed at the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on its obligation to distribute annual scrip dividend to its Cyprus shareholders (essentially, the matter has been repeated for distribution of dividends in year 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 – new values not directly accessible).
- Acting as Cyprus counsel for the listing on the Hong Kong Stock exchange of a Cayman Islands holding company with assets in Russia held through Cyprus; assisting in the setting up of the structure of the company to be listed, seeing to the incorporation process etc.
- Advised a Cyprus public company with respect to the listing of its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). The listing in question was the first ever attempted by any Cyprus company. Attended at HKSE and collaborated with two international law firms in submitting the company application to the Exchange. The project involved continued offering advice to the said company in relation to the restructuring of its application for the public offering of its shares in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, preparation and submission of the appropriate applications, drafting of specialized Articles of Association and supporting documentation in accordance with the HKSE requirements, issuing legal opinions to the HKSE and the Underwriters and extensive involvement in coordination and implementation of the project.