Bright witted and creative, exceptional attention to details and to clients' needs
The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
Partner - Financial, Corporate, M&A
Phone: +357 25 871599
Area(s) of Practice
- LLB (University of Bristol), 2009
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar, 2010
- Barrister, of Gray’s Inn (London, UK), 2011
- BPTC (City University London), 2011
- Blockchain, Law, Regulation and Policy course (UNIC) 2019
- Diploma in VAT Excellence (DiVE), 2022
- Cyprus Bar Association
- Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- CYVA (Cyprus VAT Association)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- IFLR 1000 Financial & Corporate 2022
- Engaged by one of the biggest and most well-respected investment banks in the world to provide specialized advice in relation to an Alternative Investment Fund with limited number of investors. Our role was to explain in a detailed and sufficient manner the applicable regulatory framework for this type of investment vehicle which aspired in raising USD 400 million from professional and well-informed investors. Our involvement included the provision of regulatory advice in relation to the applicable regulatory requirements of the depositary, which was going to be appointed from this type of entity.
- Advising one of the most important foreign banks in relation to a financing transaction of approximately USD 130 million regarding the acquisition of the 50% of the shares of a Cyprus Company, which holds the operations of one of the most important ports in the Baltic Sea. Our involvement includes amongst others, extensive negotiation of the security documents, share purchase agreement and the completion mechanics for the simultaneous transfer of the shares and pledging of the same, advising on the loan and how to safeguard and minimize any risks of the bank by way of including special provisions in the shareholder agreement between the purchaser and the borrower as well as in the articles of the target, drafting the share purchase completion mechanics and reflecting the same in the escrow agreement, including reviewing and advising on other transaction documentation (including cargo transhipment and coal supply agreements, share pledges, share purchase agreements, deeds of subordination, escrow agreement), issuing legal opinions on Cyprus entities, conducting a due diligence on the Cyprus entities, advising on enforceability of security arrangements and so on.
- Advising a Cyprus public listed company, which is currently designing and developing a new special leisure, golf and residential project, in relation to a EUR 37 million financing transaction to be provided by one of the biggest banks in Cyprus. Reviewing and advising on the term loan facility documentation, and the security documentation, participating in lengthy negotiations with the banking institution, preparation of all necessary resolutions and other corporate documents and provision of specialised legal advice and assistance. This is an important project due to the fact that the transaction is heavily negotiated and also because the client is a member of one of the biggest business groups of Cyprus with a strong reputation established in the end of the 19th century.
- Advising a leading international provider of services for the aviation industry with presence in more than 40 jurisdictions, in various important projects involving highly complex matters. Initially, we provided legal advice in relation to two cross-border mergers into a Cyprus public company; we advised in relation to the merger procedures, the increase of the share capital of the Cyprus company involved, waiver of pre-emption rights, issue and allotment of shares at a premium, notifications to the competition authorities in Cyprus, handled the procedure for maintenance of registry with a depository, provided comprehensive tax advice and on other related matters. Advised the client in relation to a proposed acquisition of an interest in an English holding entity of the world’s leading aircraft charger company; we have provided structuring advice in relation to a proposed listing of a Cyprus public company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, equity swaps, buy back of shares by a Cyprus public company, applicable pre-emption rights and other relevant issues. Additionally, we have been engaged again to provide our assistance in relation to a cross-border merger of a Cyprus public company to a UK public company where we provided structuring advice and handled all the necessary procedures for effecting the same.We have been further engaged in addressing various issues arising between the shareholders themselves and between the shareholders and the company. We have been addressing numerous requests on various corporate matters from minority shareholders and advising as to the proper procedures, which are required to be followed under Cyprus law with respect to the passing of general meetings, the annual general meeting, appointment of auditors, remuneration of auditors, composition of the board of directors, declaration of dividends, changes to the articles of association and other various corporate matters. We have been attending and advising at the annual general meeting and the extraordinary general meeting due to dissenting views on various corporate matters and we have been advising the majority shareholders on the their voting rights and assisting in responding to countless letters by the minority shareholders. We have also made amendments to the articles of association of the company in order to cater for the delegation of powers to committees.
- Reasons To Start-Up in Cyprus
- ICLG – Alternative Investment Funds – 2022
- Alternative Investment Funds – ICLG – 2021
- Depositary Duties in the Alternative Investment Funds Realm
- “Mini Fund Manager” – An Alternative Powerful and Cost-Efficient Vehicle
- Regulatory Update Alert AIFs and UCITS: New Depositary Safekeeping Rules
- Takeover Law: A Practical Overview
- Delegation arrangements under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Law of 2013
- Registered Alternative Investment Funds – An overview
- A call for specifying the “Pre-Marketing” concept within the AIFMD