Phone: +357 25 871599
- LLB Law (University of Sheffield), 2010
- LLM Law and Economics (University College London), 2011
- Legal Practise Course (Nottingham Law School), 2012
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar, 2013
- Cyprus Bar Association
- Member of the Council of the Limassol Bar Association
- Representing one of Russia’s major banks in one of the most high profile arbitration proceedings which have ever been heard before a Cypriot tribunal. The claim relates to the performance of certain bank guarantees issued by the plaintiffs according to which the bank affected the transfer of the amount of about USD 50 million pursuant to the provisions of a certain Russian State Contract the validity of which was later disputed. We have recently received the Final Award in the favour of our Clients pursuant to which the multimillion-claim of the Claimants is dismissed.
- Advising one of India’s three largest real estate construction companies, which is also a key player in real estate investments on matters, relating to the enforcement and execution of an LCIA Arbitration Award worth approximately USD 360 million. Our firm has successfully defended the company in the application of the judgment creditor to register one of the Arbitration Awards. This international dispute has received extensive media and academic attention over the last couples of years and its significance lies not only on the high value and prestige of our client but also on the novelty and complexity of the legal matter.
- Advising the London office of the largest business litigation and arbitration law firm in the world representing the client in Arbitration proceedings before the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) initiated by the client involving the enforcement of a Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) entered into by the Claimant and Respondents for the sale of issued share capital held by the Claimant through a complex company structure. The claim of the client amounts to approximately USD 800 million and the Arbitral Award was recently issued in favour of our client.
- We are representing the interests of one of the leading banks of the Russian Federation in an action for damages in the approximate amounts of USD 21 million for fraud, conspiracy and misappropriation of assets against ex state officials and connected SPVs registered in various jurisdictions. This high profile dispute has received many press headlines in the Russian Federation and abroad due to the involvement of state officials in the promotion of a project for the construction and finance of works for the housing of thousands of families living in a specific area in Russia.
- Acting for one of the largest leading banks of Russia in a lengthy multijurisdictional dispute for the recovery of debt owed to the bank by a Russian high-net-worth individual. The bank has recently been successful in obtaining a bankruptcy order against the said individual and we are currently representing the trustees, the London office of one of the world’s largest accounting and consulting organisations. Consistenly and successfully liaising with the foreign counsel of the bank as well as the trustees in bankruptcy in formulating a litigation strategy and promoting steps in Cyprus for the enforcement of the debt owed to the bank.
- Advising and representing a secured creditor under a floating charge for the recovery of the amount of USD 120 million arising out of loans granted to the debtor company. We have successfully applied and obtained final orders for the recognition and validation of the Receiver’s appointment over the assets of the debtor company under the floating charge and have advised on measures for the enforcement of the security and the recovery of debt.
- Global Guide to the Enforcement of Judgments
- 2019 Global Survey on the Commercialisation of Disputes
- Arbitration procedures and practice in Cyprus: overview
- Cyprus Shipping: casting a long shadow over the International Maritime Industry
- 2nd Arbitration Comparative Guide – Cyprus 2017
- ICLG – International Arbitration 2016 – Cyprus
- Chambers Country Practice Guides – International Arbitration 2016 – Cyprus