"Always goes the extra mile"
by Legal500 EMEA 2019
Partner - Corporate Finance
Phone: +357 25 871599
Area(s) of Practice
- Law Degree (National and Kapodistrian University, Athens), 2003
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar, 2005
- LL.M. European Union Commercial Law (University of Leicester), 2006
- International Bar Association (IBA-Corporate and M&A Law Committed, Young Lawyers Committee, Taxes Committee)
- Cyprus Bar Association
- Member of the PR and Communications Committee of the Cyprus Fiduciary Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Pracitioners (STEP)
- German Institution of Arbitration, for Arbitrators under 40 (DIS40)
- Young International Arbitration Group (YIAB)
- Advised the London branch of a multinational banking and financial services corporation in relation to a repurchase transaction with a Cyprus company, involving securities in a prescious metal mining company, which are listed on the London Stock Exchange. An important project because of the prestigious client, the complexity of the matters involved and the transaction’s value (USD 25 million).
- Advising a major banking institution in the Russian Federation in relation to an amendment agreement to a EUR 260 million (RUB 16 billion) facility agreement and to certain security amendment agreements, pursuant to which certain pledges provided in the first phase of the transaction are being partially released.
- Advised one of the major banking institutions in the Russian Federation in relation to a USD 110 million facility provided to a Cyprus company operating in the oil and gas industry, to be secured through a charge over the shares of a Russian oil exploration and production company with assets in oil-rich regions of Northern Russia.
- Advising a major banking institution of the Russian Federation in relation to a reorganization of a corporate group operating in the oilfield sector, which provides well drilling and workover services to major oil and gas companies in various parts of the world and which includes Russian, Jersey and Cyprus companies.
- Represented and advised one of the world’s most preeminent financial service firms offering a full range of services covering M&A, restructuring, equity financing, securities lending, asset management and prime brokerage, in relation to a cross currency swap transaction, supplementing an ISDA Master Agreement, with one of the biggest investment firms in Cyprus, providing investment services in stock markets in Russia, Ukraine and the UK. (Value approx. USD 100 million).
- Advised a German-based, leading global banking and financial service provider and provided a legal opinion on a Cyprus company offering telecommunication services, subsidiary of Russia’s leading long distance telephony provider in relation to a confirmation of cash-settled put and call share option transactions and to a put/call option termination.
- Advising a public company and one of the 100 oldest companies in Hong Kong, which operates in the leisure, entertainment, technology and property sectors, in relation to the corporate and immovable property due diligence on a Cyprus company, party to a joint venture regarding the tender and licencing procedure for the development of the first casino in the Republic of Cyprus.
- Advised one of the major banking institutions of Cyprus in relation to the recent amendment of the Cyprus tax legislation, effective as from 31 December 2015, pursuant to which loan restructurings are temporarily exempt from tax, where such restructurings include the transfer of immovable property to the creditor/financial institution in exchange for the repayment of debt.
- Getting The Deal Through: Project Finance 2020
- International Trust and Divorce Litigation
- Cyprus Implements ATAD
- Is “Substance” the current Buzzword?
- Financial Institutions: Banking & Finance Transactions
- International Comparative Legal Guide – Project Finance 2018
- The Corporate Governance Review – Cyprus 2017
- The Corporate Governance Review – Cyprus 2016
- International Comparative Legal Guide – Corporate Governance 2014