"A very respected banking litigation expert"
The Legal 500 EMEA
Stella Louka Pavlou
Partner - Head of Banking Litigation
Phone: +357 25 871599
- Law Degree (Athens University, Greece), 1992
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar, 1994
- ADR Group Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator, 2014
- Cyprus Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Listed in the Cyprus Minister of Justice and Order Registers of Commercial & Civil Mediators
- The Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
- Representing Alpha Bank Cyprus Ltd, one of the largest banking institutions in Cyprus, and handling more than 100 court cases of the Bank against debtors and guarantors. Legally advising the Bank regarding out-of-court matters and enquiries. The current total aggregate value of the claims of the Bank exceeds EUR 60 million
- Representing a high net worth individual in Cyprus, in an action for libel and defamation against one of the main publishing groups in Cyprus and the authors of articles in a number of publications for damages in the range of €100.000-€200.000
- Representing one of the largest private bank in Cyprus (Bank of Cyprus) and therefore, continuously handling more than 400 cases going through the courts for recovery of various amounts; the total aggregate amount is in excess of EUR 100 million.
- Undertaking all required steps under Cyprus law to effect the cross border merger between a Greek company which deals with the distribution and supply of sportswear and sport products in Greece and a Cyprus Company; drafting the required common terms agreement, making the required publications, filing the necessary petitions at the relevant district court and undertaking all necessary arrangements and steps for the completion of the merger between the aforesaid companies.
- Assisted a Chinese leading global renewable energy developer and investor in setting up a corporate structure related to the acquisition of several photovoltaic parks in Europe. The project initially started with the set-up of ten Cyprus companies but then expanded into the creation of more than fifty Cyprus companies. We handled all the procedure throughout the implementation of a complicated corporate acquisition structure; total matter value in excess of EUR 200 million