Very responsive, quick and excellent
Phone: +357 25 871599
Area(s) of Practice
- LLB Law “Hons” (University of Kent), 2009
- LLM in Law (King’s College London), 2010
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar, 2011
- Corporate Finance Certificate, by the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI), 2016
- Cyprus Bar Association
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- We have been engaged by a major Russian credit institution that offers financial and returnable leasing services in the industry sector of power, oil and gas, to advise on the implementation of a leasing deal with a sea vessel through the establishment of a subsidiary company of our clients in the Republic of Cyprus. Aside from the corporate establishment steps of the company which will receive permission from the Central Bank of Russia, our involvement includes the drafting of documents to be submitted to the same, as well as the handling of the registration of the vessel under the Cyprus flag.
- Engaged in advising a public company established and operating in accordance with the laws of Cyprus, with securities listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and many subsidiaries established and operating in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation, on matters of corporate social responsibility in light of recent amendments to the Cyprus Companies Law, due to the transposing of EU Directives relating to the disclosure of non-financial and diversity information by certain large legal undertakings and groups of companies with public interest into Cyprus law. Our role comprised of reviewing and advising on the clients’ reports to be disclosed and/or published as a public interest entity and providing our detailed opinion on the clients’ obligations with regards to the requirements of Cyprus law.
- Advising one of the largest insurance companies in the world on a major multi-jurisdictional transaction (Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Cyprus, Russia) involving the changes of corporate seat of one of the major shareholders of the group of companies, the reduction of capital and share premium of the Cyprus companies involved and the return of shareholder’s contribution, followed by subsequent liquidations, transfer of assets and cross-border mergers, in order to simplify the shareholding structure within the group. Our involvement was vital for the planning and structuring of the steps and timeline of the various procedures to be undertaken as well as for coordinating all actions on a legal, corporate and financial level.
- Advising a leading real-estate company of China in relation to the acquisition of a large investment group operating in the Russian commercial real-estate market, owing properties of more than USD 4 billion. Our involvement includes the conduct of a full scope due diligence exercise covering all Cyprus subsidiaries of the group,– namely more than 70 companies, identifying any risks and issuing due diligence reports. A very demanding project due to the large number of the companies involved and the caliber of both the seller and the purchaser
- Provided legal advice on the restructuring of intra-group loan arrangements of more than USD 30 million. Assisted with the preparation of the relevant transaction documents, including assignment and novation agreements and termination of security arrangements and release of pledges and advised on the transaction structure and on other matters, including the potential effect of the bankruptcy of certain guarantors.
- Engaged once more for the 4th consecutive year, further to successful completion of complicated connected projects, by the shareholders of a Cyprus holding company, established for the purpose of entering into a public private partnership (PPP) agreement with a Russian city for the development of an international airport. In connection with this part of the project, we are in the process of advising one of the major corporate shareholders. The project involves several complicated transfers of shares as well as the sale of loans in the form of shareholder financings to the new shareholders in different phases and it is particularly important due to its international aspect (value EUR 420 million).
- Lending & Taking Security in Cyprus: overview
- Covid-19: Legal Reflections on Virtual Closings
- Transforming General Meetings: Covid-19 and other “viruses”
- Lending and taking security in Cyprus: overview
- The ‘dark’ side of the data room: disclosure dangers in M&A and finance transactions
- The Basics of Company Migration
- The Dispute Resolution Review – Cyprus 2017
- Lending and Taking Security in Cyprus
- Company Formation in Cyprus
- International Comparative Legal Guide – Corporate Governance 2014