Phone: +357 25 871599
- LLB Law (University of Kent), 2011
- LLM Corporate and Commercial Law (London School of Economics), 2012
- Admitted to Cyprus Bar, 2013
- CIArb’s Module 2 – The Laws of Arbitration in International Commercial Arbitration, 2017
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, 2019
- Cyprus Bar Association
- Cyprus Insolvency Service
- Representing a group of companies which own an oil refinery in the Russian Federation, which are caught in a shareholders’ dispute for the amount of more than USD 200 million for alleged breaches of shareholders’ agreement, misrepresentation and fraud. Representing the defendant companies in judicial proceedings in Cyprus, within the framework of an application for the issue of prohibitive interim orders in aid of arbitration, and also representing the main holding company in the arbitration initiated before the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (“SCC”).
- Advising a major Russian banking institution on the recovery of over USD 1.5 billion in assets by a major Russian group through its Cypriot entities through liquidation and other out of Court enforcement measures in order to ensure asset recoveries for debt repayment. We have advised on the best way forward in order to recover as much assets as possible with any legal means available to the bank. We have proceeded with the out-of-Court enforcement of certain share pledge agreements, whilst simultaneously moving ahead with Court petitions to liquidate certain group companies that are situated in Cyprus.
- Advising and representing a company incorporated in the BVI and its ultimate beneficial owner, contracting parties in a joint venture involving the construction of a skyscraper in Moscow. The client suffered loss due to the sale of 50% of the joint venture share capital at a significant undervalue relying on inaccurate and false representations made by the other side. We have initiated a Court action claiming an award for damages for breach of contract and implied fiduciary duties on the grounds of fraud, misrepresentation and unjust enrichment. Within the framework of the said action, we have taken numerous legal steps, both before the District and Supreme Court, for the obtainment of worldwide freezing orders as well as disclosure orders in favour of our client. The subject of the proceedings is novel since there is no Cypriot authority confirming the existence of implied fiduciary duties owed between partners in a joint venture yet. The transaction’s value is USD 90 million.