"Always acts as a professional to the highest standards"
The Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
Partner - Financial, Corporate, M&A
Phone: +357 25 871599
Area(s) of Practice
- LLB (Keele University, UK), 2008
- Legal Practice Course (Kaplan Law School, London, UK), 2009
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar, 2010
- Blockchain, Law, Regulation and Policy course, UNIC, 2019
- Cyprus Bar Association, 2010
- Cyprus Fiduciary Association (CYFA), 2020
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- IFLR 1000 Financial & Corporate 2021
- Engaged by the shareholders of a Cyprus holding company entering into a public private partnership (PPP) agreement with a Russian city (City of St. Petersburg) for the development of an international airport. Advising in relation to the refinancing of their existing facilities (in the amount of EUR 420 million) with the new lenders, by applying all amounts borrowed under the said facilities for repayment of the principal amount of the loans under the Existing Financial Indebtedness in full.
- Advising a Russian bank in relation to several facility agreements provided to one of the top 10 nitrogen fertilizer producers in the world. We were instructed to advise on three facility agreements amounting to USD 850 million, USD 7 billion and EUR 450 million, for purchasing purposes, refinancing of loans and repayment of debts respectively.
- Advising a subsidiary of an international bank, offering a full range of services to retail and corporate customers throughout the Russian Federation, for providing financing of approximately USD 115 million to a large transportation and logistics group of companies operating in the stevedore, container and railway markets.
- Advised a major Russian bank in relation to the liquidations of two Cyprus companies which hold shares in a concrete manufacturing company in the Republic of Bashkortostan in relation to the effects of the liquidation on security that had been provided by both Cyprus companies to the bank.
- Reviewed and commented on complicated transaction documents from a Cyprus law perspective, including Sale and Purchase Agreements, novated and restructuring deeds, subordination agreements and other documentation and issued several opinions, regarding a complex financing and restructuring transaction (value EUR 50 million) involving Russian, Cyprus and BVI companies.
- Instructed by, a licensed investment banking and advisory firm based in London which operates in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America, and North America as a dealer, market maker, and underwriter in equities, fixed income, securities, and commodities and which provides investment banking and advisory services, to provide a legal opinion on certain prime brokerage agreements proposed to be entered into with Cyprus counterparties.
- Instructed by the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) and the International Securities Lending Association (ISLA) to provide the Cyprus Industry Opinion on REPO and Securities Lending agreements since 2008 – present.
- Lending & Taking Security in Cyprus: overview
- Types of Cyprus Funds
- Lending and taking security in Cyprus: overview
- Shadow Banking Practices
- The Corporate Governance Review – Cyprus 2017
- Lending and Taking Security in Cyprus
- Getting the Deal Through – Restructuring & Insolvency – Cyprus 2017
- The Corporate Governance Review – Cyprus 2016
- International Comparative Legal Guide – Corporate Governance 2014
- Cyprus and the Licensing of CIFs
- Getting the Deal Through – Restructuring and Insolvency 2018 – Cyprus