Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is one of the leading law firms in the corporate law sector. Senior & Managing Partner, Stavros Pavlou and his team of partners and lawyers handle complicated corporate and M&A matters including large international cross-border, as well as, domestic transactions involving international private and public companies listed on the Cyprus Stock Exchange and other recognized Stock Exchanges like LSE, AIM, the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, etc. During the current year the department handled complicated matters involving acquisitions of Cypriot and other companies and assisted prestigious international law firms on Cyprus Law issues.
Clients are advised on all legal aspects of their operations including:
The Firm’s Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions practice is recommended by the leading global legal directories, Legal 500, Chambers and Partners and IFLR1000; to read the recommendations, please click here.
Sample of Major Cases Handled:
- Instructed repeatedly by a major international law firm to provide ongoing advice on the restructuring, financing, tax and corporate affairs relating to the development, reconstruction and operation of a major Russian international airport valued at over EUR 1 billion.
- Advising a public company, one of the 100 oldest companies in Hong Kong, which operates in the leisure, entertainment, technology and property sectors, in relation to the corporate and immovable property due diligence on a Cyprus company, party to a joint venture regarding the tender and licensing procedure for the development of the first casino in the Republic of Cyprus.
- Provided extensive advice on all Cyprus corporate law matters to a Danish integrated soft commodities producer, storage provider and trader with operations in Ukraine, Russia and Estonia, including advising on shares exchange and escrow agreements and on all relevant documents involving various legal issues and a number of companies in different jurisdictions.
- Providing ongoing legal advice and assistance with respect to the restructuring (valued over USD 1 billion) of one of the largest real estate construction and building materials’ production groups in the Russian Federation employing over 15.500 people, as a consequence of de-offshorisation laws.
- Providing legal assistance, advice and strategic planning in relation to the establishment of a complicated group structure involving numerous companies from various jurisdictions and handling the coordination amongst all parties in Cyprus and abroad regarding the sale of the largest industrial construction group in Russia to new investors (matter valued at USD 500 million).
- Engaged by a major Kazakhstan-based group of companies involved in one of the largest state-owned investment funds and specialising in direct equity investments and other sectors such as mining, telecommunications infrastructure projects and real estate in connection with the restructuring of two of its companies (matter valued at USD 160 million).
- Advising on various corporate law matters and especially on questions relating to shareholder disputes affecting the corporate structure of a large Russian group of companies which holds substantial assets in the energy sector in Georgia and Iran, including creditor rights and appointment of officers (value USD 150 million).
- Advising a leading German global banking and financial services provider, holder of the 49% of the shares of a Cyprus private company in relation to a number of corporate matters and in particular to the termination of a Trade Mark License Agreement, by which the service provider granted to the Cyprus company and its subsidiaries the license to use a number of its trademarks.
- Drafting contracts, providing specialised legal advice for the purchase of real estate and other eligible investments in Cyprus as well as establishing the appropriate corporate structures and handling all the necessary procedures and immigration-related paperwork with the authorities, for high-net-worth individuals and family members wishing to invest in Cyprus property and companies under the Cyprus citizenship and permanent residence by investment schemes.